Bubby Bliss

Amazing Adventures of Reshen

Friday, July 13, 2007

Chatting with Reshen

While I was posting here yesterday, I mentioned how much Reshen is talking, yet I was having trouble coming up with "exciting" things that he is saying- I suppose I just take it for granted now.

But today he has been his normal chatty self, and I've listened closely and have collected some funny/impressive (at least in my book) phrases he said:

1. "I un (want) money in nair (there). " He wanted me to put more money into the truck he was riding at the store (so that it would "go" again).

2. "Car driving down nair (there). " We were watching the traffic from an upstairs window.

3. "I un (want) Mama see dark too. " He wanted me to go in my room with him so I would notice how dark it was.

4. "I un (want) Mama sit nair (there)." He wanted me to sit in a very specific spot while he played. He's getting very bossy.

5. "Shen (Reshen) have water too." I was drinking coffee and he had a sippy cup of water.

6. "I help." He was "helping" me put dishes away by stuffing sliverware in various kitchen drawers.

7. "Wha do-in (what are you doing) Mama?" He always asks me what I'm doing.

8. "I put guy away." We were cleaning up his toys before nap. He calls all his little figures "guys."

I could go on and on. He does still say plenty of one and two word sentences, but his long sentences are becoming more common. Out of all his development milestones, I think talking has been the most fun (and the most helpful for that matter). Every evening we do a re cap of what happened that day- he loves to talk about it and sometimes even mentions things I forgot about. It's so much fun to get a glimpse into his mind.

Ok, enough gushing about my boy today :-)

4 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

Gush away, i love hearing about it. He really sounds so cute Brooke, his talking is just amazing - he is so clever.

Grandma said...

Oh, I wish I could wiggle my nose and be there with you! My goodness, I miss you all so much already. Looking at the new pictures of Reshen, since we left there a week ago, makes me miss him so much. I love playing with him and watching his little eyes soak up the world around him like little sponges. He doesn't miss ANYTHING! And you are right, he IS bossy :-) In an adorable way, of course :-) I remember our visit to Carkeet Park with the two of you when he was 7 months old. That was a fun day, and a very beautiful day as I recall. Reshen rode in the front pack with his grandpa and we played at the playground with him and he loved the baby swing. Those are some really good pictures that we took that day. One more thing, his "grandma" was very astonished, and proud, when he said he wanted to potty and then actually did! He told me "sit" and pointed to the big potty (so I closed the lid) and just sat down there and asked him if he was going to go potty. Then he said " Yeah, shut door!" so I did, of course. He sat there very quietly for a minute or two and then he curiously peeked between his little legs. Lo and behold! Potty! It wasn't much, but it certainly was worth shouting about :-) Maybe the secret is that YOU have to sit down too :-) Oh, and close the door ;-) I am such a grandma, it doesn't matter what he does, it is wonderful!! It was even adorable when he used up all of my cherry Chapstick on his cute little face :-)

Christina said...

Man Brooke, I seriously am always so amazed by Reshen's talking! That's one bright boy you've gpt there. I agree, talking has definitely been the most fun and helpful milestone! I just love being able to talk with my girl now. I am especially impressed by him wanting "Mama see dark" and understanding the meaning of "too" and I get such a kick out of "what doin?" Cool, too, that he discusses with you what happened that day - I try doing that with Nadia, but she's not into it. :o) But she does totally amaze me every day with her growing language skills...the expsion Reshen had a few months ago, she's going through now and it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

So cute! :) Do you have one of those books where you can record what they say when they learn to talk? I have one, but I haven't recorded anything in it yet. Better get on that! :) And how sweet is "Grandma's" comment below???