Bubby Bliss

Amazing Adventures of Reshen

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ups and Downs















Bubs was such a cutie today. Things he did today to make me smile:

1. Danced his crazy "funny feet" jig to banjo music
2. Squealed with delight when "I'm a Little Teapot" began and did the tipping motion at the appropriate time
3. Kissed me full on the mouth (many times today)
4. Hugged me throughout WalMart
5. Vacuumed alongside me with his new little vacuum
6. Pointed at every fish he could see at Tacos Del Mar and said "daht? ish! ish!"
7. Flashed me his huge cheesy grin



Bubs was such a terror today. Things he did today to make me frown:

1. Ran to the front door when we were leaving and then screamed and threw a tantrum when we had to leave through the garage door instead
2. Got into every cabinet he's not allowed into and screamed and stomped his feet every time we had to tell him "no" (baby proofing, honey? please!!)
3. Screamed and arched his back when I tried to put him in his car seat
4. Wouldn't play with any of his toys- only wanted to run around the house as a "bubby tornado"
5. Did not want to sit in the carts at any of the stores we went to (although I did get a nice, long hug out of it.... but still, he's heavy!!)
6. Screamed and put up a struggle when I had to put his shoes and coat on him

Talk about Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. That was our bubby today. I do think his ears are better, so I'm blaming teething today.

At least I recalled more things that made me smile, than things that made me frown. Perhaps that's the key to staying sane while parenting a toddler :-)

No comments: