Bubby Bliss

Amazing Adventures of Reshen

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Fun, Chatty Valentine's Day




How wonderful it is to have two special "men" in my life now. Sure, one of them is just barely 2 feet tall and has a pot belly (yes, I mean Bubby), but he is mommy's little man just the same.




My "big" man gave me the sweetest card. It's really all he has to do, as long as he puts effort into it (and he does). We don't go all out for these "holidays"- we're so romantic, aren't we? :-)


He's such a great guy and wonderful husband and father- gentle, caring, helpful, intelligent. I really lucked out with him.




My "little" man was such a sweetheart today. I just wanted to shower him with endless hug and kisses, and he obliged for the most part. He reciprocated with many of his own sloppy kisses and would roll around in my lap loving on me. I was in Bubby Bliss today :-)




This afternoon I picked up a couple bags brimming with free toys and toddler clothes from our local Freecycle group. It's such a great thing- people post items they want to give away and others reply if they want them. I've gotten Bubs a bag of toy trucks, a large ride-in car, and now these bags of toys and clothes. The little guy had a great time inspecting his new toys after he woke from his nap. I think I had more fun than he did, just watching him.




Bubby is really chatty these days. Yesterday he began saying "kchh"- like the K sound at the end of "duck," - only exaggerated. He was quite pleased with himself. Today he actually said "clock" and "duck" using that sound. No one else would have understood him, of course, but I totally knew what he was saying. He has also started saying "um" for "yum" when we are eating or even looking at pictures of food. Today he said "um" at a picture of vegetables and then planted his mouth on the book pretending he was eating it. Funny- he won't eat real veggies but swoons over pictures of them :-)




I love hearing his language develop. These are "words" he says currently:




aht- hot (with waving of the hands)


up


uht- open, close, in, out, down, on, off


dat, dhat, uh-zat - that, what's that, look at that


uff- woof (dog)


mmm- moo (cow)


duht, duh-kcht - duck


gat- quack


zzz- buzz (bee)


vmmm- vroom (car)


ump- chomp (with hand motions) alligator


ba- bye


mama - mommy and as a whine


dada- daddy


ca-kch - clock


shhh- shoe


ahd- head


tsh- teeth
uh-oh




I'm sure there are others that he says- perhaps those that I don't understand or ones that come and go. It's so fun to be able to interact with him more each day.




I just love my little man :-)




2 comments:

Grandma said...

Ahhhhhh...motherhood. One of life's most rewarding experiences. Maybe there is one thing that is more rewarding - becoming a grandmother. And having the opportunity to watch a daughter engage in a nurturing relationship with her own child. I can see her in her son, and I catch a glimpse of myself in her, too. At the time, when I was a young mother, I wondered how my heart could ever be any fuller. Now, as a grandmother, I know that there is always room for more love. Kiss our little man for his grandma, and know that I love you all.

Lisanne said...

Hi there, Raine! :) What a *sweet* comment that your mom left. It made me teary! That's a cute photo that you posted. Glad you guys had a nice Valentine's Day. Hey, I was inspired by you and joined our local Freecycle! :)