Bubby Bliss

Amazing Adventures of Reshen

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Some Potty Success!

We finally had some potty success tonight! Yes, it's true that Reshen has pottied on his chair a few times before already, but this time it was definitely intentional, not just a coincidence that I suspect the other times have been. We were doing our normal before bedtime potty-sit and as usual nothing happened. But as I was giving him a sticker to put on his potty-chart (for sitting on the potty), he suddenly declared that he had to go pee-pee again. I suspected it was just stalling tactic, as he already told me he didn't want to go to bed. But I never want to deter using the potty, so I let him run back into the bathroom. To my surprise, as soon as he sat down a little pee-pee trickled into the bowl! I was ecstatic and praised him up and down. He grinned from ear to ear. He got to have a "potty treat" (chocolate chip) and put a special big sticker on the potty chart. I figured that was it for the evening, but not more than 2 minutes later he said he had to go again, and this time a big stream of pee-pee went into the bowl. He was even more excited about it this time. Of course this meant another chocolate chip and another sticker. He also announced that now he wants to wear pull-ups! I told him that we'll get some at the store tomorrow :-)

Of course, I have no idea if he's going to be as excited about using the potty tomorrow as he was today, but at least it's a real start and now I know he understands the sensation of needing to go and he possibly has a little more control over it than he used to. That's a big step for us! Yay- I'm so proud of my boy :-)

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Good job, Reshen! He'll be wearing those Spiderman undies before you know it :-)

Anonymous said...

Yah Reeshen, hope
its the start of the potty
learning journey.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chocolate and sticker work. congratulations, Reshen and mommy.