Bubby Bliss

Amazing Adventures of Reshen

Monday, April 2, 2007

Pure Love

How wonderful it is to be a mother and have a child to love. I truly don't think a greater love exists in this world. It is the purest form. No baggage. No expectations. No disappointments. Just pure, deep, intense, uncomplicated love.

How lucky I am to receive the sweetest unsolicited hugs and kisses from a little person whose heart holds only adoration for me. How lucky I am to be called "mama" and clung to when he needs comfort and reassurance. When he was born I didn't think I could possibly love him any more, but every day a miraculous thing happens- I wake up, hold his snuggly little body against mine, and my heart swells. I have been overflowing with love for him lately... rocking him at bedtime and crying because I love him so much. I am crying right now because I'm writing about it.

I can't kiss him enough, can't hug him enough. I am amazed, elated, entertained, and proud of each and every one of his accomplishments every day. I can't believe he was not in this world 2 years ago. I can't believe I played a part in making him. I can't believe I'm his mommy.

He is perfect. He is pure joy. He is mine. :-).

3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh Raine this is so beautiful! You put the magic of mother-love into words so well. This is exactly the way I feel about Nadia, too!

Julskie said...

That is so touching!! I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same way about both of my children! It is so amazing how that love continues to grow day after day!! From what my mom says it grows even more with grandchildren!! Take care!

Grandma said...

The very first wish that I made for you has come to pass. I remember when we were expecting you. I was so in love with you then. You were that curious, warm, round ball wriggling about under my maternity top. You and I grew together those 9 months, in more ways than one. Our hearts bonded. I was so happy, so in love with you. And I was so happy in my life with your dad. We were both overjoyed with the prospect of being parents. I didn't know then how a person's heart could hold so much happpiness. In my first letter that I wrote to you I wished that you know that same special love someday, and now you do. You will find that first letter, to my unborn baby, in your baby book that I kept for you. I still feel that overwhelming love each day when I thank God for sharing you girls with us. And for expanding our hearts and our family. Something I have learned is that there is always more room for love. It is true what they say, it does grow! I love you!