Bubby Bliss

Amazing Adventures of Reshen

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mommy Madness




Reshen has developed a case of "Mommy (and Daddy) Madness." He has to know where both mommy and daddy are at all times. He calls for us, runs after us, hugs and kisses us, and announces our presence in the room with glee. He likes to touch our personal objects (purse, coats, shoes, mugs, etc.) and delcare who it belongs to. He is so in love with us, his parents, it is really sweet. Today he sat on my lap facing me, looked deep into my eyes and said "Mama!" then he leaned in and kissed me square on the lips, gave me a huge bear hug and squealed with delight. How much more does a parent need? :-) The only downside is that he doesn't want to go to sleep- he'd rather be up playing with us. And now instead of just crying, he calls for us..."Mama, Mama, Dada, Dada..." in this pathetic, pleading little voice. Oh, little man....

We took Reshen to Chuck E Cheese's on Saturday for the first time. They had a toddler slide, so needless to say, he was in love :-) He paused long enough to eat some pizza and then was right back to playing. He was entranced by Chuck E Cheese, himself... a large robotic mouse. It would appear from behind a curtain, sing a song or two, and then disappear again. Reshen would watch slient and wide-eyed, but then would call for it as soon as it left. "Mouse! Mouse!" he would yell, "Go?" It made such an impression he talked about it for the rest of the day, "Mouse Bye-Bye," he kept saying.

Reshen is really showing just how much he comprehends these days. It's becoming increasingly easier to communicate with him. Today he became frantic because he wanted to watch Alan mow the lawn. I had to put his shoes on him first. A couple of weeks ago this might have progressed into a tantrum, as he would want to go outside that very second. Today, though, I told him that we needed to put his shoes on first and then we could see the mower. He paused and thought about it a second and then said "Kay" and sat down on the stairs for me to put his shoes on! How cool is that? :-) He still looked a little worried, saying "Mower." and looking at the door. I would respond, "Yes, we'll see the mower after we get your shoes on, OK?" "Kay." he would answer. What a good communicator he is becoming :-)



He is really into repetition lately. Everything we do, we have to do 100 times in a row it seems. After every song, book, action, etc., we do he shouts "more!" "again!" If we don't oblige he will shout it over and over. How many times in a row can you really listen to "Wheels on the Bus?!" I found that 5 is my limit... I'm really trying to get him attached to some different CDs, but those action songs are still his favorite and he asks to hear it the moment he's in his car seat. His singing is really improving, though, and he will "sing" an entire song now! I suppose I could listen to "Wheels on the Bus," a few more times just to hear that funny, sweet little voice sing along :-)

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Oh, that dear, sweet, sincere, unconditional love....isn't it wonderful? Your little man can give back, now, all of the love you have given him over the past year and a half. It makes all of those sleepless nights and early, very early, mornings all worth it now, doesn't it? I do miss those unsolicited hugs and kisses from my little ones, I must admit. I so enjoy your stories of life with Reshen :-) His likes and obsessions, his intense desire to sing Wheels on the Bus. How funny. I will ask him to sing it to Grandma when we talk the next time. Maybe I should not get him started for you though :-) So, the little man likes the mower, huh? And you have to go outside and watch? Thats' so cute that he waits patiently for you to put his shoes on him for that. That litle guy does not miss a thing, does he?! My, so much to do and so little time.

Christina said...

Isn't their intense, pure love the most wonderful thing in the world?! Nadia, too, loves her Mommy and Daddy with a passion these days, and it is so incredible.

That's terrific that his comprehension it getting good enough that you can reason with him like that!

I wanna hear Reshen's singing voice...you need to video tape it and share it with all of us!

genab said...

Reshen is growing up so quickly. Ah, yes, Wheels on the bus- no worries, little man will eventually grow out of the wheels on the bus. If he's like Josie, he'll progress to the comedian stage next. That said, I offer a "clean" joke for you to teach him.
Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Sham.
Sham who?
Shampoo so you can wash your hair.
I never said it was a good joke, just a clean one:-) lol